Having problems accessing documents, or getting into one of the databases? While we try to make the research process as problem-free as possible we recognize that, occasionally, there will be issues. Sometimes we have seen these issues before and while we are waiting for the technical teams to fix the problems we may have come up with a workaround.
Check the tabs along the top of this Research Guide and the drop down menus, perhaps we've come across your particular issue and have already posted a fix.
If you haven't been able to resolve your access issues using this guide you can always get in touch with us here at the Library and we'll see what we can do to help out. Email us at email@example.com and please answer the following questions. This may help us troubleshoot your particular problem.
1. Have you been able to access the database before or is this your first attempt?
2. If you have accessed it before, was it from the same computer you are using now?
3. Do you know if you are trying to access the databases from behind a firewall?
4. What browser are you using and what version is it? (You can usually determine this by opening the browser, going to Help along the top menu bar, and clicking on "About".)
5. What version of operating system are you using? (You can determine this by clicking on "My Computer" on your desk top. In the window that opens, select Help from along the top menu bar, and click on About Windows.)
6. Have you recently downloaded an updated version of either your browser or operating system? (Sometimes new versions will reset security settings such as cookies and firewalls that you might have changed on the old version.)