What is a Standard?
"A prescribed set of rules, conditions, or requirements concerning definitions of terms; classification of components; specification of materials, performance, or operations; delineation of procedures; or measurement of quantity and quality in describing materials, products, systems , services or practices."
- National Standards Policy Advisory Committee
Why search standards?
Searching standards during design can help you to:
- Identify design constraints from best practices established by experts in the industry
- Comply with laws that specify design and testing criteria
- Reduce your product liability risk by not complying with best practices and/or laws
- Budget for certification testing that may be required or can improve your market position.