Skip to Main Content

Graduate Funding & Resources

This guide contains resources for graduate-level students interested in scholarships, fellowships, and other funding opportunities.


Assistantships are paid academic positions awarded to qualified graduate students that involve teaching, administrative, or research-related activities.

At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, assistantships are open to accepted graduate students with full graduate status, who have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate cumulative GPA. Assistantships can be offered to masters students (Masters Assistantship Contracts or MACs) and doctoral students (Ph.D. Assistantship Contracts or PACs). MACs and PACs are contracts between the student and the department sponsoring the assistantship position. Candidates will perform duties in the areas of teaching, administrative, or research in exchange for a tuition waiver and/or stipend.

There are three types of assistantship positions:

  • Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs)
    • Sponsored through external grants and funding (i.e., NASA, NSF, etc.) where the assistantships are offered by a department to students who have sufficient background to work on the topic at hand.
  • Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs)
    • Sponsored through the department a student is currently enrolled in for graduate work.
  • Graduate Assistants (GAs)
    • Generally offered by non-college departments (i.e., OUR, A^2, etc.).

MACs and PACs may be sponsored by academic and non-academic departments. Interested students should contact their academic departments directly about assistantship availability. Points of contact may include the program coordinator, department chair, or department's administrative assistant. For non-academic areas, (i.e., the Student Union, Housing and Residence Life, Chaplain’s Office, etc.), contact the relevant department's director. The Daytona Beach Campus Directory provides contact information.

Academic policy details on graduate assistantships can be found in ERAU's APM 09 - Graduate Assistantships. Links to the application and more information on MAC guidelines and processes can be found on the ERNIE Forms & Processes page under the Graduate/Ph.D. Student Resources heading.

Maps and Parking